The Most Important Thing
To Be Doing Right Now

Sunday, March 15, 2009

It could be worse...

There has been a thought going round in my head since I started this inquiry: that as long as I keep working on this Discovery of the Most Important Thing To Do Right Now, that it is certain that I will not be doing anything Trivial. There is a certain sense of Assurance, Confidence, that I will always have something that I can do that is Important. It is a great Centering, a Balance Point.

My thoughts also turn to the Great Multitudes who may never have even considered the concept of The Most Important Thing To Do Right Now, whatever it is, for them personally. It may be that many people pass through Life on an hourly, daily, weekly, yearly timetable simply by reacting to the Random Events in life, and not in Creating the life that they can Imagine.

If there is any value to this blog it is that someone else may stumble on it and get the thought in their head that it really is possible to do something Important, that they can control and create what happens in their life, and that it will be Good. I may be long gone at that time, so it would not affect me, but it is an example of the consequences of our actions persisting through time.

2 comments:

  1. Okay. I have checked out this website. I have read the posts. This is my response today.

    My karma(previous actions) is what drives the mind and body to do the most important thing. The most important thing to do starts in the mind. The mind is driven by a power that it does not have the ability to understand. The forces working in the universe and on my mind and body are beyond the ability to comprehend. What goes on behind the scenes is something that cannot be observed without spiritual insight. In spite of that, my mind still trys to self program--what to do and how to do it. In otherwards, being spiritually blind, I use the mind--its intellectual part--to program the actions of the body. This can be useful and it can also be a trap. By using this function of programming our life, we get several benefits. We get to feel in control. We get to feel a part of something and that we can have an affect on our circumstances and environment. The trap is that we are somehow in control of our destiny; that we are so powerful that we can write the book of our life as we go.

    My experience tells me that we do not write the book of our life. It has already been written. The cards have been dealt and each of us is playing out the hand that has been given to us. How we play that hand may account for all we little puny humans get control over.

    The most important thing to do for me is to remember that it is a setup. My life is a setup. Knowing that I have been set up, cast into this role in the movie of life, I don't get too involved, too affected about how that movie turns out. Some people get cast in some pretty spectacular roles; some get a lot of grunt work; behind the scenes stuff; some get both.

    The most important thing to do is to remember the one...there is only one and that is enough. That is the most satisfying action for me--to practice remembrance of the one. I am living in a dream and the dream is constantly changing. I can't build a safe place on it. Sometimes it is a happy place, then it is a scary place, then a sad place. It just keeps moving like in a dream. So the most important thing to do is to accept the dream, do what needs doing and for me--to practice that remembrance.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every moment that we live now, we are perparing for how we will live in the future. Not only for ourselves, but also for others. You see, IT,yes, IT, Is not only about us! YOU, ME, we're all ONE! What I do, big or small, important or not, affects others as well. There is nothing hard about it, nothing mystrious, nothing that needs to be thought about too deeply! We're all playing a part in each others lives, and everything is IMPORTANT at the very moment that we do it! That's why it's so important to do the very best you can at every given moment!What you put out, is what you get back! Love now, because if you're spending time on trying to figure this out, you're wasting too much time! Love now!

    ReplyDelete